About Me

My photo
United States
I am a multidimensional, hands-on creative artist and poet with a San Diego based home studio. Having always been too curious and too creative, I have continually studied a variety of artistic disciplines and philosophies throughout my life with established teachers...unstable teachers, artists, schools and whatnot. This, paired with a lifelong investigation into spirituality, has given me a large creative toolkit from which to draw ;) and interest to (respectively) play with, break, challenge, modify, ignore and celebrate the rules related to the aforementioned studies. I am a strong believer in not messing with a child's innate curiosity and wonder, the value of family (however defined), individual creativity, community, and our environment. I continue to study and enjoy creative expressions-with the exception of acid jazz. Some common characteristics found within my work are: re-purposing everyday items and discard-able things, harmonizing opposites, playing with current beliefs and assumptions with a whimsical twist, and delicately blending spontaneity with discipline. The end results are simple, joyful expressions of wonder imbued with an invitation to discover more.

Monday, June 24, 2013

5th Grade Recycled Art Projects - Photography



These are some of the photos that the students took of their recycled art pieces. 
They used the school's iPads, my small digital camera and iPhone 5.
The focus was on perspective, composition, lighting and exposure, experimentation and intentional blur.
Ideally they would have been able to work on them through the school's computers - giving them the opportunity to manipulate the photos and experiment with the elements of photography... but alas, we ran out of time. Maybe next year.

These were the art pieces that were part of the Recycled Art A Go-Go show held during the Friday Night @ Liberty event on June 7th 2013.

(I will post a few photos from the show next.)